Join the SelfHacked Community & get our welcome bonuses
PPAR delta is important for heart function, energy production, endurance capacity, reducing inflammation and reducing obesity. We have made eating healthy and staying in the best shape of your life easier than ever, the Lectin Avoidance Diet Cookbook contains tons of delicious recipes that make eating healthy enjoyable and effortless.
PPAR Delta Simple
PPARδ is a nuclear hormone receptor that governs a variety of biological processes and may be involved in the development of several chronic diseases, including diabetes, obesity, atherosclerosis, and cancer.
PPARδ may function as an integrator of sorts.
PPAR delta helps prevent heart disease (R).
PPAR delta is important for hair growth (R).
At higher levels, PPAR delta increases fat burning in muscle and fat cells and increases energy expenditure. At lower levels, it helps create fat cells (R, R2).
PPAR delta is found to be elevated in colorectal cancer cells.
Studies into the role of PPARδ in cancer have produced contradictory results and there is no scientific consensus on whether it promotes or prevents cancer formation (R).
PPARδ is involved with the absorption of fat and cholesterol (lipid uptake, such as fatty acid binding protein and fatty acid translocase). Also, it helps the growth of intestinal mucosa in response to fat (R).
PPARD decreases inflammatory responses of macrophages and is linked to a significant rise in HDL cholesterol. PPAR activation in the liver decreases liver glucose output, thereby contributing to improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity (R).
In a meta-analysis, PPAR delta was associated with height (R).
PPAR Delta Advanced
PPAR delta decreases Cannabinoid receptor expression (R).
Treatment of obese animals by PPARδ activators results in normalization of metabolism and a reduction of body bat. PPARδ also can increase fat cells when on a high fat diet by stimulating preadipocyte proliferation and by controlling the induction of PPAR gamma (R).
The nuclear receptor increases the fatty acid burning capacities of muscle and fat tissue by controlling the expression of genes involved in fatty acid uptake, β-oxidation, and energy uncoupling (R).
PPAR delta potentiates PPAR gamma fat cell production (R).
PPAR Delta SNPs: rs2016520 T294C
You must buy 23andme to see if you have these genes. SelfDecode is the best program to decipher your genetics.
- RS1053049 (PPARD) CC
- RS1883322 (PPARD) CC
- RS2016520 (PPARD) CT
- RS2076167 (PPARD) CC
- RS2076169 (PPARD) AA
- RS2267668 (PPARD) AG
- RS6922548 (PPARD) AG
How to Increase PPAR delta
- Endurance exercise…PPARD increases by more than twofold 3 hours following an acute bout of endurance exercise (R, R).
- Palmitoylethanolamide (R)
- Arachidonic acid (omega-6’s convert to it) (R)
- Hydroxyicosatetraenoic acid (metabolites of arachidonic acid)
- Cardarine (Research chemical: GW501516) (R)
- Berberine increases PPAR delta (R, R2).
- Naringenin increases PPAR delta (R).
- Growth hormone increases PPAR delta in animal models (R).
- Genistein and Daidzein
- Sun/UVB (skin) (R)
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
Check out Lab Test Analyzer!
Get personalized up-to-date science-backed lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on your lab tests!