Semen is the fluid or casing that holds sperm. Sperm is a cell that floats around in the fluid and reaches the embryo to impregnate the female. Semen is quite nutritious and has a bunch of interesting properties. Semen needs to have all of the ingredients to transport sperm to the embryo safely. It needs nutrients, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories (and more!) in order for the female not to attack the sperm. We can utilize the benefits of semen for various health benefits! See how 🙂
WARNING: This post is rated X, so make sure you’re over 18 and aren’t in the middle of eating.
As you will see, being a man, I have a strong a conflict of interest with this post. Be skeptical 😉
- How to Get The Benefits of Semen
- Health Benefits of Semen and Sperm
- 1) Semen is an Anti-Depressant
- 2) Semen is an Anti-Anxiety
- 3) Semen Contains Antioxidants and Combats Oxidative Stress
- 4) Semen is an Anti-Inflammatory
- 5) Semen Contains A Lot of Healthy Hormones
- 6) Semen May Help Prevent Cancer
- 7) Semen is a Cognitive Enhancer: It Contains Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)
- 8) Semen May Keep Infections at Bay
- 9) Semen Can Increase Lifespan
- 10) Semen Can Prevent Hair Loss
- 11) Semen Increases Sex Drive
- 12) Semen Prevents Preeclampsia
- 13) Semen Increases Fertility
- 14) Semen is Nutritious
- There’s Probably Many Substances in Semen That We Don’t Know About
- Cultures and Semen
- Do Orgasms Decrease Lifespan?
How to Get The Benefits of Semen
Before I delve into the benefits of semen, we should have some idea of how you’re going to get these benefits.
For men, there’s a technique called ‘injaculating‘, where the semen is not excreted, but instead reabsorbed in your blood.
It’s like getting an intravenous infusion of semen because it goes directly into your blood – the best delivery system.
***hand should come from the front of your body, not the back….
For women, there are four options: swallowing, sublingual, anal or not using a condom.
The swallowing method won’t produce all of the benefits because much of the ingredients in semen are destroyed or denatured by the stomach.
Sublingual or allowing it to absorb under your tongue and then swallowing is a better option, but still not perfect.
The anal route was suggested by a commenter, and it might work, but I don’t know. Does the semen have enough pressure to get absorbed? Maybe.
The vaginal route is probably most effective, but for women, there’s a real fear of STDs and infections transferring through the semen.
Like anything you take in, make sure your supply source of semen is trustworthy and free of STDs.
If you trust your partner, you can use an IUD and get the benefits of semen (but that has its own issues).
Health Benefits of Semen and Sperm
1) Semen is an Anti-Depressant
In a survey of 293 college women at SUNY Albany about intercourse with and without condoms, it was found that those who didn’t use condoms had lower levels of depression and better moods.
This is surprising because risky sex (ie without condoms) is usually associated with negative self-esteem and depressed mood.
Among women who “always” or “usually” used condoms, about 20 percent reported suicidal thoughts, but among those who used condoms only “sometimes,” the figure was much lower, 7 percent, and among women who “never” used condoms, only 5 percent reported suicidal thoughts (R, R2).
Semen contains many ingredients that could be responsible for this effect.
Probably the most significant one is Nerve Growth Factor, which has potent antidepressant and cognitive enhancing effects.
2) Semen is an Anti-Anxiety
Semen contains a lot of antioxidants to combat oxidative stress (read on).
3) Semen Contains Antioxidants and Combats Oxidative Stress
Semen contains uric acid, which is also an antioxidant, but I don’t know if it’s in a meaningful concentration to be medically useful.
4) Semen is an Anti-Inflammatory
Semen contains anti-inflammatories/immunosuppressants so that it’s not attacked when it enters the woman.
5) Semen Contains A Lot of Healthy Hormones
Semen has good hormones that people are often low in:
- Oxytocin (R) – has anti-anxiety properties and helps with wound healing.
- Progesterone (R) – has anti-anxiety properties.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) (R)
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) (R)
- Testosterone (R) -women can have too low or too high testosterone.
- TRH – an anti-inflammatory and mood enhancer.
- Cortisol (R) – which can reduce inflammation and can be good in pulses.
- Estrone, Estrone Sulphate (R) – good if levels are too low.
- Estrogen (in bulls) (R) – good if levels are too low.
6) Semen May Help Prevent Cancer
Studies suggest that semen might reduce breast cancer by “not less than 50 percent.”
7) Semen is a Cognitive Enhancer: It Contains Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)
Nerve growth factor (NGF) is important for the growth, maintenance, and survival of neurons, including the axons ( the part where electrical signal passes). It also promotes myelin repair, which is the coating around the axons (R).
Rita Levi-Montalcini won a Nobel Prize for discovering nerve growth factor and she used NGF eye drops it to increase her life- and health-span (R).
8) Semen May Keep Infections at Bay
Semen contains many proteins with potent antimicrobial activity against bacteria, fungi, and viruses (R).
9) Semen Can Increase Lifespan
Other good sources of spermidine include grapefruit juice (R) and tempeh.
10) Semen Can Prevent Hair Loss
If the men haven’t been paying attention, I believe I now have your listening ears.
Spermidine has been tested and discovered to encourage hair shaft elongation and lengthen hair growth. Spermidine has also been found to increase stem cells that lead to hair growth (R).
11) Semen Increases Sex Drive
Testosterone increases libido in both men and women.
Testosterone gets absorbed through a woman’s vaginal walls, or even through the act of swallowing semen (R).
12) Semen Prevents Preeclampsia
I’ve spoken about inducing oral tolerance by ingesting a food with other substances.
Ingredients in semen such as TGF-beta can help induce oral tolerance.
When a woman swallows cum, she will become tolerant to her partner’s proteins that are found in sperm. This is thought to reduce the risk of preeclampsia (R).
A study done shows that oral sex and swallowing semen may help make a woman’s pregnancy safer and more successful (R).
TGF-beta might also enhance brain function. High blood levels of TGF-beta are associated with increased thickness in certain brain regions in healthy subjects (R).
13) Semen Increases Fertility
Semen contains NGF, which increases fertility in mammals by increasing ovulation. (R)
14) Semen is Nutritious
I’d like to mention that most of the nutrients aren’t in meaningful concentrations when you look at each nutrient alone, but on the whole, it’s pretty good.
However, since the body only absorbs 20 percent of dietary zinc, the requirements for zinc should theoretically increase by approximately 2.5 mg after each ejaculation. But if you are injaculating or swallowing, then you are getting some of that zinc back.
Zinc serves to help to stabilize the DNA-containing chromatin in the sperm cells. A zinc deficiency may result in lowered fertility because of increased sperm fragility. Zinc deficiency can also adversely affect sperm production (R).
|PROPERTY||PER 100 ML||IN AVERAGE VOLUME (3.4ML)|
|Lactic acid (g)||62||2.11|
I found this ingredient list on longecity and I added some other missing ingredients to this (the ones without amounts):
Chemical composition of sperm (In mg/100 ml)
- Ammonia = 2
- Ascorbic Acid/Vitamin C = 12.8
- Calcium = 25
- Carbon Dioxide = 54 ml/100 ml
- Chloride = 155
- Cholesterol = 80
- Citric acid = 376
- Copper = 006 to .024
- Nitrogen, nonprotein (total) = 913
- Phosphorus, acid-soluble = 57
- Inorganic = 11
- Lipids = 6
- Total (lipid) = 112
- Phosphorylcholine = 250-380
- Glutathione = 30
- Glycerylphorylcholine = 54-90
- Inositol = 50.57
- Lactic Acid = 35
- Magnesium = 14
- Potassium = 89
- Pyruvic Acid = 29
- Sodium = 281
- Sorbitol = 10
- Vitamin B12 = 300-600 ppg
- Sulfur = 3% (of ash)
- Urea = 72
- Uric acid = 6
- Zinc = 14
- Sialic acid
- Acid phosphatase
- Prostate specific antigen
- Proteolytic enzymes
There’s Probably Many Substances in Semen That We Don’t Know About
There’s almost certainly other ingredients in semen that we don’t know about- perhaps some X factor.
Cultures and Semen
Gross, but in some aboriginal tribes, the tribe elders have the adolescents blow them and swallow their sperm because they believe it’s important for their masculinity (R).
Do Orgasms Decrease Lifespan?
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?