High homocysteine is linked to many health problems including heart disease, stroke, autoimmune disease, cancer, and neurodegenerative disease.
This post describes:
- How homocysteine levels can affect your health
- How homocysteine can be toxic and inflammatory
- Lab tests for homocysteine levels, with optimal ranges
- Factors that influence homocysteine levels, including diet, lifestyle, and ways to support the methylation pathways given the relevant genetic information (i.e. MTHFR mutation)
- How you can optimize your homocysteine levels to improve your performance and wellbeing.