Etizolam is a drug that helps treat anxiety and panic disorders. While it can help treat other diseases, it is also illegal in many countries. Read more below to learn about the pros and cons of this drug.
Etizolam is commonly used for a short term treatment for anxiety and panic disorders. While it is effective at treating certain diseases, it has also been a drug that has the potential for abuse.
Health Benefits of Etizolam
1) Etizolam Treats Anxiety
It reduces anxiety and shows signs as an antidepressant (R).
In a double-blind study with 30 female subjects, etizolam was effective at reducing anxiety and depressive activity.
When paired with other treatments, it alleviates symptoms in a case of panic disorder (R).
It is also an effective treatment for hypertension (R).
2) Etizolam Alleviates Pain
It can alleviate pain for up to thirty minutes but is not the ideal form of treatment (R).
In young female patients, etizolam in combination with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug was an effective treatment for tension typical headaches (R).
This drug is also effective at treating irritable colon syndrome with concurrent chronic anxiety conditions (R).
3) Etizolam Reduces Schizophrenic Delusions
Acute administration impacts P300 latency (decreased cognitive function in decision making) (R).
When it comes to cognitive function with those have anxiety disorders, doses of the drug were no more significant than the placebo (R).
4) Etizolam Helps With Vertigo
Low doses reduce dizziness scores, functional and emotional scores in patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (R).
5) Etizolam Prevents Brain Disorders
Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome is a brain disorder that can cause muscular dysfunction, unstable blood pressure levels, high fever, etc.
With the withdrawal of oral Etizolam, symptoms of Postoperative neuroleptic malignant syndrome was present in an elderly man who had undergone a lobectomy of the lung (R).
In a Parkinson’s patient, withdrawal of the drug induces symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (R).
Treatment can also reduce the recurrence of chronic subdural hematoma, which happens when blood pools in the brain (R).
- Additionally, assessments made at baseline and after 2 and 4 weeks of treatment, used the Hamilton Rating Scales for Anxiety and for Depression and determination of the weekly panic crises frequency. The results showed that it produced significant improvements in chronic anxiety, phobic ideas, associated depressive symptoms and episodic anxiety, and was significantly more effective than placebo (R).
- In the assessment of overall improvement, 4 patients (22.2%) were rated as markedly improved, 4 patients (22.2%) as moderately improved, 7 patients (38.9%) as slightly improved, 3 patients (16.7%) as unchanged, and none as worsened (R).
- However, headaches improved significantly in female patients (p<0.05), and shoulder pain improved in young and female patients (p<0.05, p<0.04) in the NSAID-ET group (R).
- In a study with eleven males, carbamazepine induces the drug’s metabolism (R).
- Itraconazole prevents Etizolam metabolism and CYP3A4 plays an important role in metabolism (R).
Etizolam has sedative and sleep-inducing effects (R).
In contrast to adults, when children take Etizolam they experience excitation and muscle weakness (R).
Although it has lower possibilities of dependence, it should be taken with caution because the possibility of dependence is not eliminated only mitigated (R).
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?