Cannabidiol (CBD) is emerging as a powerful supplement with anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to help several previously untreatable diseases. It can help fight against cancer and irritable bowel diseases and improve schizophrenia symptoms. Read this post to learn about cutting-edge findings on the health benefits of CBD.
- My Experience with CBD
- Where to Buy CBD – My Favorite CBD Products
- Health Benefits of CBD/Cannabidiol
- 1) CBD Fights Against Cancer
- 2) CBD Reduces Inflammation and Autoimmunity
- 3) CBD May Protect From Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 4) CBD May Relieve Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- 5) CBD Has Therapeutic Potential for Schizophrenia
- 6) CBD Helps with Epileptic Seizures
- 7) CBD Reduces Anxiety
- 8) CBD Relieves Pain
- 9) CBD May Be Beneficial in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 10) Cannabidiol Relieves Nausea and Increases Appetite
- 11) Cannabidiol Lowers Incidence of Diabetes
- 12) Cannabidiol May Promote Heart Health
- 13) Cannabidiol May Treat Depression
- 14) Cannabidiol May Help with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- 15) Cannabidiol May Protect Against Bacteria
- 16) Cannabidiol May Protect From Mad Cow Disease
- 17) Cannabidiol Promotes Bone Growth
- 18) CBD Reduces Dyskinesia
- 19) Cannabidiol May Help with Insomnia
- 20) Cannabidiol May be Effective for Treating Substance Use Disorders
- 21) Cannabidiol May Help with Quitting Smoking
- 22) Cannabidiol May Provide Treatment for Acne
- 23) Cannabidiol May Play a Role in Psoriasis
- Side Effects
- The Best CBD Oil to Buy
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over 80 cannabinoids, natural compounds found in Cannabis sativa – the marijuana plant (R).
CBD and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the two main active compounds found in the cannabis plant and are therefore the most recognized and studied.
CBD has shown promising results as a treatment for a variety of conditions, many of which are otherwise not treatable (R).
CBD in doses larger than conventional therapy can enhance the effect of THC (R).
My Experience with CBD
Lower functioning cannabinoid receptors are a fundamental issue of mine. I believe they contributed to my food sensitivities to begin with, so fixing those are my top priority.
In addition, I suspect there are other pathways and epigenetic factors that conspire make it work even less well. This is why I do great on CBD.
Since taking CBD regularly, I have been able to introduce some foods back into my diet without any inflammatory symptoms.
Where to Buy CBD – My Favorite CBD Products
Many CBD products on the market don’t actually contain CBD (based on me observing no results at all from using them). The ones that do are very expensive.
Here are the CBD products that I recommend:
Use this code to save 10% off: 10off347
Health Benefits of CBD/Cannabidiol
1) CBD Fights Against Cancer
CBD and other chemicals found in Cannabis have an antitumor effect and could be used to improve standard treatments (R).
Cannabinoids may be promising tools in combination therapy for breast and prostate cancer, due to their direct antitumor effects, their ability to improve the effectiveness of conventional antitumor drugs, and their usefulness as a treatment to reduce pain (R, R2, R3).
- CBD decreased the ability of the cancer cells to produce energy, leading to their death (R).
- CBD treatment helps lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells kill cancer cells better (R).
- CBD blocks CPR55 signaling, decreasing cancer cell proliferation.
2) CBD Reduces Inflammation and Autoimmunity
Due to its anti-inflammatory role, CBD is a very promising therapeutic agent for a variety of inflammatory and pain-associated disorders.
CBD Can Blunt Th1 and Th2 Dominance
CBD Helps with Th17 Dominance
Other Anti-inflammatory Mechanisms:
- CBD reduces the growth and mobilization of neutrophils (R).
- CBD reduces the inflammatory Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 (MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1beta) (R).
3) CBD May Protect From Neurodegenerative Diseases
CBD has antioxidant activity greater than vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or vitamin E (α-tocopherol) (R).
Early human studies showed a dose-related improvement in patients with Parkinson’s disease treated with 100–600 mg/day of CBD over a 6-week period (R).
However, another study failed to show any beneficial effect of a mixture of THC and CBD either on Parkinson’s disease or dyskinesia (R).
CBD has been shown to reverse cognitive deficits of Alzheimer’s disease in animal models (R).
CBD, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, may be a promising agent to treat and prolong survival in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) patients (R).
4) CBD May Relieve Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
Cannabis derivatives may relieve symptoms in multiple sclerosis patients (R).
A combination of CBD and THC is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of muscle tightness, pain, sleep disturbances, and loss of bladder control (urinary incontinence) in people with multiple sclerosis (R, R2, R3).
5) CBD Has Therapeutic Potential for Schizophrenia
Studies suggest that CBD has similar effects as atypical anti-psychotic drugs, but with fewer side effects (R).
6) CBD Helps with Epileptic Seizures
In a survey including parents of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy, 84% of parents reported a reduction in their child’s seizure frequency while taking CBD (R).
These children also experienced increased alertness, better mood and improved sleep; drowsiness and fatigue occurred as side effects (R).
After 3 months of treatment with a purified 98% oil-based CBD extract, 39% of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy had a more than a 50% reduction in seizures (R).
7 out of 8 patients suffering from secondary generalized epilepsy and resistant to antiepileptic drugs had improvement of their disease state after receiving 200-300 mg/d of cannabidiol for up to 4.5 months (R).
7) CBD Reduces Anxiety
CBD also reduced anxiety caused by the use of THC (R).
Researchers suggest that it may be effective for panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (R).
8) CBD Relieves Pain
CBD significantly decreased chronic inflammatory and neuropathic pain in rodents (R).
Cannabidiol, especially in a combination with THC, shows promising results for the treatment of postoperative pain, chronic pain associated with multiple sclerosis, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and neuropathic pain (R, R2, R3).
Study had showed that CBD and opioids act together to relieve pain (R).
9) CBD May Be Beneficial in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Due to its anti-inflammatory effect, cannabinoids may provide relief of joint pain and swelling, and decrease joint destruction and disease progression (R).
Administration of CBD protected joints against severe damage, decreased progression and produced improvement of arthritis in animal models (R).
The first controlled trial showed that administration of Sativex over five weeks produced significant improvements in intensity of pain on movement and at rest, quality of sleep, and inflammation. No serious adverse effects were observed (R).
10) Cannabidiol Relieves Nausea and Increases Appetite
Study showed that CBD relieved nausea and vomiting when it was given to rats (R).
THC is an approved drug used to treat nausea and vomiting (dronabinol) in human patient, but clinical studies proving the efficacy of CBD are needed in humans (R).
According to the National Cancer Institute, CBD increases appetite by binding to cannabinoid receptors in the body (R).
11) Cannabidiol Lowers Incidence of Diabetes
The study which included 4,657 adult men and women showed that current marijuana use was associated with 16% lower fasting insulin levels, and smaller waist circumferences, a factor connected to the onset of diabetes (R).
Cannabidiol can inhibit and delay the destruction of insulin-producing pancreatic cells and the production of inflammatory cytokines in diabetics (R).
This data strengthen assumptions that CBD, which is known to be safe in man, can possibly be used as a therapeutic agent for treatment of type 1 diabetes at an early stage of the disease (R).
12) Cannabidiol May Promote Heart Health
Study reported that CBD caused dilation of arteries, and protected blood vessel from damage in animal models (R).
However, further work is required to prove the ability of CBD to prevent the development of heart and blood vessels disorders in humans.
13) Cannabidiol May Treat Depression
14) Cannabidiol May Help with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The combination of CBD and THC may reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms of IBD such as abdominal pain, diarrhea and reduced appetite (R).
15) Cannabidiol May Protect Against Bacteria
CBD showed some antimicrobial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), a bacterium that can cause difficult-to-treat infection (R).
16) Cannabidiol May Protect From Mad Cow Disease
Cannabidiol has been shown to inhibit prions, the proteins that cause fatal neurodegenerative diseases like Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and mad cow disease, increasing the survival time of infected mice by almost a week (R).
17) Cannabidiol Promotes Bone Growth
Rodents with broken limbs healed much faster when treated with CBD (R).
18) CBD Reduces Dyskinesia
Dyskinesia causes involuntary movements.
CBD (combined with a TRPV-1 blocker) reduces the symptoms of dyskinesia in mice (R).
- CBD reduces the production of inflammatory markers
- Compared with the reference point, CBD decreased the amounts of key enzymes that can cause dyskinesia (R).
- CBD, together with a TRPV-1 antagonist, reduces Dyskinesia by acting on CB1 and PPAR gamma receptors and reducing the expression of the inflammatory markers COX-2 and NF-kB (R).
19) Cannabidiol May Help with Insomnia
Research suggests that taking CBD before bed improves sleep in people with insomnia (R).
20) Cannabidiol May be Effective for Treating Substance Use Disorders
Studies suggest that CBD may be therapy for substance use disorders.
21) Cannabidiol May Help with Quitting Smoking
Research suggests that inhaling cannabidiol for a week might reduce the number of cigarettes smoked by about 40%, without increasing craving for nicotine (R).
22) Cannabidiol May Provide Treatment for Acne
CBD decreases lipid synthesis and proliferation of human sebaceous glands, and has anti-inflammatory effect on sebaceous glands, thus having a potential as a therapeutic agent for the treatment of acne vulgaris (R).
23) Cannabidiol May Play a Role in Psoriasis
CBD reduces the growth of skin cells (keratinocytes), playing a potential role in the treatment of psoriasis (R).
- CBD activates 5HT1A receptors and to a lesser extent 5HT2A receptors (R).
- Activating 5HT1A receptors, CBD exerts effects on nausea and vomiting, depression, appetite, anxiety, sleep and addictions (R, R2, R3).
- CBD protects the brain from lack of oxygen, at least in part, via 5-HT1A receptor (R).
- Compared with baseline (but not placebo), CBD decreased resistin and increased glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (R).
- CBD plays a role in perception of pain and inflammation by activating the TRPV-1 receptor (R).
CBD’s ability to block anandamide reuptake and FAAH enzyme, thus increasing level of anandamine and indirectly acivating CB1 receptors, make it effective against anxiety and depression (R).
When CBD is combined with THC, it causes a temporary lack of drive. There is an impairment of reward learning and motivation (R).
Hemp nuts sold for dietary consumption are within acceptable standards for the quantity of CBD and THC (R).
CBD is well tolerated, and safe at high doses and with chronic use in humans (R).
I recommend taking 15-30mg 2X a day.
The Best CBD Oil to Buy
I’ve been looking for a good CBD product for years, but rejected them. There’s a big problem on the market, where companies are producing CBD products but when they are tested they don’t contain CBD.
After writing this post, I didn’t put any links to CBD products for 5 months, because I didn’t find any products that I liked and that were affordable.
I have a medical marijuana card and the CBD prices were outrageous, which I paid because I think it’s really critical to people with cannabinoid issues.
Here are the CBD products that I recommend:
Use this code to save 10% off: 10off347
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?