L. crispatus is a great probiotic for female urogenital health.
What is Lactobacillus crispatus?
Lactobacilli inhabiting the human vagina are the first line of defense in the female urogenital and reproductive tracts. Lactobacillus crispatus is prevalent in the healthy cervicovaginal microbiota, where it produces lactic acid, a potent broad-spectrum bactericide, and virucide, and acts as an immunomodulatory agent .
Health Benefits of L. crispatus
1) Promotes Female Urogenital Health
L. crispatus maintains normal vaginal microbiota and protects the genitourinary tract against pathological conditions .
L. crispatus reduces recurrent urinary tract infections in premenopausal women .
L. crispatus inhibits E. coli activity .
Cervicovaginal mucus with high L. crispatus concentrations can trap the HIV virus .
2) May Alleviate Allergies
3) Has Differential Effects on the GI Tract
4) May Have Anti-Cancer Properties
- Increases [16, 17] and decreases IL-6 .
- Decreases IL-8 [2, 5, 16] and IL-4 .
- Increases IL-10 [2,18] and IL-12p70 .
- Decreases TNF-α .
- Induces NF-κB activation .
- Increases IgA  and decreases IgE .
- Increases CD4(+) CD25(+) FOXP3(+) Treg cells .
Buy L. crispatus
This section contains a sponsored link, which means that we may receive a small percentage of profit from your purchase, while the price remains the same to you. The proceeds from your purchase support our research and work. Thank you for your support.