Cannabidiol (CBD), from cannabis, can help fight against cancer and improve schizophrenia symptoms. Read more below to learn about the latest CBD news.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is found in the cannabis plant. While it has some health benefits, there are some drawbacks to CBD as well.
Here is the latest research news about CBD.
Health Benefits of Cannabidiol
1) Cannabidiol Fights Against Cancer
Cervical cancer cells exposed to CBD extracts stopped multiplying (R).
It successfully stopped cancer cells in multiple different cervical cancer varieties (R).
CBD decreased the ability of the cancer cells to produce energy, leading to their death (R).
CBD and other chemicals found in Cannabis have an antitumor effect and could be used to improve standard treatments (R).
Cannabinoids may be promising tools in combination therapy for breast and prostate cancer, due to their direct antitumor effects, their ability to improve the efficacy of conventional antitumor drugs and their usefulness as palliative treatment (R).
2) Cannabidiol Has Therapeutic Potential for Schizophrenics
CBD improves the symptoms of schizophrenia. However, what regions of the brain are affected and the mechanism of action producing this dynamic are unknown (R).
3) Cannabidiol Enhances the Effects of THC
THC, in the form of medical marijuana, can help relieve symptoms of specific disorders.
CBD, when administered to cells in doses larger than conventional therapy, can enhance the effect of THC (R).
4) Cannabidiol Reduces Dyskinesia
Dyskinesia causes involuntary movements.
CBD reduces the production of inflammatory markers and acts on specific cell markers. CBD combined with a TRPV-1 blocker reduces the symptoms of dyskinesia in mice (R).
Compared with the reference point, CBD decreased the amounts of key enzymes that can cause dyskinesia (R).
- CBD activates 5HT1A receptors and to a lesser extent 5HT2A receptors (R)
- CBD, together with a TRPV-1 antagonist, reduces Dyskinesia by acting on CB1 and PPAR gamma receptors and reducing the expression of the inflammatory markers COX-2 and NF-kB (R).
- Compared with baseline (but not placebo), CBD decreased resistin and increased glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (R).
When CBD is combined with THC, it causes a temporary lack of drive. There is an impairment of reward learning and motivation (R).
Contradicting previous reports, CBD administration does not improve brain functions in piglets that lacked oxygen (R).
Hemp nuts sold for dietary consumption are within acceptable standards for the quantity of CBD and THC (R).