In this way, insulin resistance promotes hunger. You eat and insulin is released, but your body tells you to eat some more despite the ability of insulin to act as a satiety hormone. Hence why obesity is linked to brain insulin resistance (R).
In diabetics, insulin resistance was shown to severely inhibit a marker for muscular performance (glycogen synthesis and uptake) [R]. Also, waist and thigh circumference (predictors of insulin resistance) were negatively correlated with the percentage of type 1 muscle fibers [R].
In prediabetic subjects, insulin resistance was linked to atherogenic changes [R].
There is a direct correlation between insulin resistance and chronic kidney disease pathology [R].
If you are overweight, the single most important thing you can do is lose weight.
Vitamins and Minerals
- 2000iu Vitamin D3
- 1 cap K2
- 20mg Zinc,
- 2.5g Magnesium (before bed),
- 200mcg GTF Chromium,
- 200mg Calcium Citrate 2X/day if no/little dairy.
- Hi-maize resistant starch -50g/day
- 16oz Kombucha tea, 2 tablespoons Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar pills before meals
- Grape Seed Extract
- 5g Ceylon Cinnamon
- 400mg Berberine (with meals). These supplements are good for overweight and thin people
- 3g Inositol
- 100mg Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid with meal