GW501516 is a chemical with many purported health benefits. It can protect the brain and heart and improve muscle growth. However, it also has its negative effects. Read more below to learn about this chemical.
- Health Benefits of GW501516
- Potential Risks/Side Effects
- Buy Cardarine
GW501516 is a chemical that binds to and activates the peroxisome proliferator activator receptor delta (PPAR delta). PPARẟ is a transcription factors, which is a protein that increases the expression of many genes (R).
The activation of PPARẟ has significant implication in improving cardiovascular health, metabolism, and as an anti-inflammatory agent. However, there are some negative effects to GW as well.
Health Benefits of GW501516
1) Cardarine Protects the Brain
Additionally, it prevents blood vessel dysfunction, especially in brain vessels (R).
2) Cardarine Benefits the Heart
GW 501516 prevents oxidative damage in the heart (R).
It decreases the risk and severity of atherosclerosis (plaque buildup in the arteries) through a number of mechanisms. GW 501516 increased levels of nitric oxide, which protects against atherosclerosis (R).
It also reduces lesions and inflammation associated with atherosclerosis in mice (R).
GW 501516 results in an increase of HDL cholesterol and a decrease in triglycerides in animal studies, potentially decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease in patients (R).
3) Cardarine Prevents Obesity
4) Cardarine Protects the Kidneys
In mice, it was shown to inhibit inflammation in kidney cells, and may protect against kidney disease. It does this by lowering MCP-1 expression that is generally increased in such kidney diseases (R).
5) Cardarine Helps the Immune System
GW 501516 is associated with the suppression of inflammation (R).
GW 501516 can activate PPARẟ which protects specific skin cells from undergoing spontaneous cell death during the wound healing process (R).
It was also shown to accelerate diabetic wound closure (R).
6) Cardarine Protects Against Liver Damage
PPARẟ activation by GW 501516 causes the liver to switch its energy source from glucose to fatty acids, thus reducing blood sugar (R).
Also, it can improve nonalcoholic liver disorder in mice (R).
7) Cardarine Improves Muscle Growth and Stamina
Activation of PPARẟ via GW501516 drives the development of muscle fibers in mice. These muscle fibers are associated with increased physical performance. They were able to run almost twice as long as other mice, indicating improved endurance (R).
8) Cardarine May Help Heal Skin Diseases
Activation of PPARẟ could improve the inflammation caused by psoriasis (a skin disorder) (R).
It also helps during wound healing (R).
- GW can activate PPARẟ which subsequently activates the expression of a number of genes involved in cholesterol homeostasis, fatty acid metabolism, and energy uncoupling (R).
- It increased the synthesis of BH4, which is a cofactor for endothelial nitric oxide synthase in endothelial progenitor cells….because GW is a PPARẟ agonist (R).
- Increases the production of the antioxidant enzymes CuZn SOD and catalase, as well as levels of nitric oxide (R).
- Inhibition of MCP-1, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 expression, which are cytokines involved in inflammatory processes, and also inhibits the TAK1-NFκB signaling pathway that causes inflammation (R).
- Treatment with GW can inhibit its degradation with PPAR overproduction (R).
- The anti-inflammatory effects of GW can improve peritoneal fibrosis caused by inflammation in rats (R).
Potential Risks/Side Effects
GW 501516 increases cell death in liver cells and may cause fibrosis in mice with liver disease (R).
In animals, there is a potential risk to placental and fetal development with prolonged are large exposure to GW 501516 (R).
In rats, GW 501516 can cause cancer. There are not enough studies done on humans to show the same effect (R).
GSK abandoned further development of the drug in 2007 because animal testing showed that the drug caused cancer to develop rapidly in several organs (R).
Because GW 501516 has a vast amount of influence in a number of places in the body, you should consider its side effects before pursuing it as a treatment (R).
A normal dosage is 2mg/kg per day to selectively activate PPARẟ (R).
- Cardarine by IRC.bio – a research chemical vendor which you can buy these substances.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?