Nicotinamide Riboside is a precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, which has a lot of health benefits. It can help muscle, brain, and liver function. Read more below to learn about its properties.
- My Experience With Nicotinamide Riboside
- The Nicotinamide Riboside That I Recommend
- Health Benefits of Nicotinamide Riboside
- 1) Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Muscle Function
- 2) Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Fight Against Cancer
- 3) Nicotinamide Riboside Reduces Diabetic Symptoms
- 4) Nicotinamide Riboside Protects the Brain
- 5) Nicotinamide Riboside Protects the Liver
- 6) Nicotinamide Riboside Prevents Hearing Loss
- 7) Nicotinamide Riboside Increases Metabolism
- 8) Nicotinamide Riboside May Help with Weight Loss
- 9) Nicotinamide Riboside Increases Longevity
- Nicotinamide Riboside Protects The Mitochondria
- Genetics and Nicotinamide Riboside
- Buy Nicotinamide Riboside
Nicotinamide riboside is a precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), which means it is needed to make NAD. Most of NR’s health benefits is a result of its formation of NAD (R).
My Experience With Nicotinamide Riboside
When I take NR, I feel a noticable increase in energy. I need to take about 6 pills to notice it unequivocally. I like to take two pills a day for the long term and cycle it (take breaks).
I take it to improve mitochondrial function and to increase the amplitude of my circadian rhythm.
The Nicotinamide Riboside That I Recommend
Health Benefits of Nicotinamide Riboside
1) Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Muscle Function
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is needed for energy use cells (R).
Mitochondrial myopathy is a disease where the mitochondria in muscle cells are damaged. It can cause muscle weakness and other problems (R).
Oral administration of NR in mice delayed myopathy progression by preventing mitochondrial abnormalities. NR supplementation reduced NAD+ consumption, which improved mitochondrial function (R).
NR also stimulated mitochondrial unfolded protein response, which protects against mitochondrial disease (R).
2) Nicotinamide Riboside Helps Fight Against Cancer
Low levels of NAD+ synthesis can cause DNA damage. NR supplementation increases NAD+ levels, which can help protect against DNA damage, oxidative damage, and tumor progression (R).
3) Nicotinamide Riboside Reduces Diabetic Symptoms
In prediabetic mice, NR supplementation improved glucose tolerance, reduced weight gain, and reduced liver damage. In Type 2 diabetic mice, NR greatly reduced blood glucose and protected against diabetic nerve problems (R, R2).
4) Nicotinamide Riboside Protects the Brain
NR can also delay axonal degeneration, which can preserve nerve cells. Supplementation stimulates the NAD pathways and helps prevent degeneration in the brain (R).
5) Nicotinamide Riboside Protects the Liver
Oral administration of NR naturally increases NAD in the body, which helps protect the liver (R).
6) Nicotinamide Riboside Prevents Hearing Loss
Administration of NR, even after noise exposure, prevents noise-induced hearing loss in mice. It reduces degeneration of nerve cells caused by noise exposure (R).
7) Nicotinamide Riboside Increases Metabolism
In mice, supplementation of NR (400mg/kg) increased NAD+ levels in muscles, which increased their energy use and metabolism (R).
8) Nicotinamide Riboside May Help with Weight Loss
9) Nicotinamide Riboside Increases Longevity
NR induced the mitochondrial unfolded protein response and synthesis of prohibitin proteins, and this rejuvenated stem cells in aged mice (R).
Nicotinamide Riboside Protects The Mitochondria
The nucleus and mitochondria can both metabolize NR.
These pathways boost mitochondrial function.
Genetics and Nicotinamide Riboside
Check out your SNPs (need 23andme or other genetic service to then sign up):
In mice, NR supplementation worsens exercise performance. They had a lower physical performance compared to the control group (R).
“The NR group showed a tendency towards worse physical performance by 35% compared to the control group at the final 10% load (P = 0.071)”(R).
The lowest adverse effect level on organs for NR was 1000 mg/kg/day, and the no adverse effect level was 300 mg/kg/day (R).