L. plantarum has an astonishing amount of health benefits. This probiotic reduces anxiety, lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol, combats allergies and cancer, reduces wrinkles and improves skin hydration.
- The L Plantarum That I Recommend
- Health Benefits of L. plantarum
- 1) L. plantarum Produces B vitamins
- 2) L. plantarum Increases Iron Absorption
- 3) L. plantarum Increases Calcium Absorption
- 4) L. plantarum Can Combat Pollutants
- 5) L. plantarum May Improve Cognitive Abilities
- 6) L. plantarum May Reduce Anxiety
- 7) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Cardiovascular Diseases
- 8) L. plantarum Suppresses Inflammation
- 9) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Obesity
- 10) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for the Liver
- 11) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Type 2 Diabetes
- 12) L. plantarum is Beneficial for the GI Tract
- 13) L. plantarum Induces Wound Heeling
- 14) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for Growth in Infants
- 15) L. plantarum is Beneficial for Dental Health
- 16) L. plantarum is Amazing for the Skin
- 17) L. plantarum Alleviates Atopic Dermatitis
- 18) L. plantarum May Improve Athletic Performance
- 19) L. plantarum Boosts Immunity
- 20) L. plantarum Combats Allergies
- 21) L. plantarum Combats Candida
- 22) L. plantarum Combats Cancer
- 23) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for Female Fertility
- 24) L. plantarum Helps With Histamine Intolerance
- Buy L. plantarum
Lactobacillus plantarum is a widespread species of lactic acid bacteria. It is commonly found in many fermented plant products such as sauerkraut, pickles, brined olives and Korean kimchi.
L. plantarum is an antioxidant with anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antiobesity and antidiabetic properties (R).
The L Plantarum That I Recommend
- L plantarum (AMZN)
Health Benefits of L. plantarum
1) L. plantarum Produces B vitamins
2) L. plantarum Increases Iron Absorption
L. plantarum can increase iron absorption from a fruit drink in healthy women by approximately 50% (R).
L. plantarum can increase iron absorption from an oat base in women by over 100% (R).
3) L. plantarum Increases Calcium Absorption
4) L. plantarum Can Combat Pollutants
Treatment with L. plantarum alleviates copper toxicity, by increasing copper excretion and reducing the accumulation of copper in tissues. L. plantarum also reversed oxidative stress induced by copper exposure, recovered the ALT and AST blood levels and improved the spatial memory of mice (R).
5) L. plantarum May Improve Cognitive Abilities
L. plantarum fermented soymilk extract improves learning and memory in rats with vascular dementia, by acting as a blood pressure-lowering and neuroprotective agent (R).
6) L. plantarum May Reduce Anxiety
Chronic ingestion of L. plantarum increased locomotor activity, dopamine, and serotonin levels while reducing anxiety-like behaviors in mice. It also reduced depression-like behaviors, and inflammatory cytokine levels, and increased anti-inflammatory cytokine levels in the serum of mice subjected to early life stress (R,R).
7) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Cardiovascular Diseases
L. plantarum Lowers Blood Pressure
L. plantarum fermented soymilk extract acts as a blood pressure-lowering agent (R).
Blueberries fermented with L. plantarum lower blood pressure and may reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases (R).
L. plantarum May Lower Cholesterol
In rats with diabetes, L. plantarum reduces blood triglyceride and “bad” LDL-cholesterol rates, while increasing the level of “good” HDL-cholesterol (R).
Total serum cholesterol and triglycerides were significantly reduced in mice with elevated cholesterol, after ingestion of L. plantarum (R).
Double-coated L. plantarum lowers cholesterol levels in mice on high-fat-diet (R).
L. plantarum May be Beneficial in Atherosclerosis
Lipoteichoic acid (LTA) from L. plantarum inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines and suppresses atherosclerotic plaque inflammation in mice (R).
8) L. plantarum Suppresses Inflammation
9) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Obesity
L. plantarum protects from diet-induced obesity. This bacterium lowers body weight, fat mass, fasting blood glucose, serum insulin and leptin levels and pro-inflammatory markers in obese mice (R,R,R).
L. plantarum improved the hepatic and urinary functions of obese rats by inducing decreases in alanine aminotransferase (ALAT), gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT), plasmatic triglycerides, total cholesterol concentrations, creatinine, urea, and body weight (R).
10) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for the Liver
Treatment of obstructive jaundice in rats with L. plantarum returned active liver barrier function (R).
L. plantarum protects against oxidative stress and inflammatory injury of the liver in mice (R).
L. plantarum alleviated liver damage in hyperlipidemic mice (R).
Treatment of L. plantarum for 5 weeks restored liver function in rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and decreased the levels of fat accumulation in the liver. In addition, the bacterium significantly reduced proinflammatory cytokines (R).
11) L. plantarum is Beneficial in Type 2 Diabetes
L. plantarum reduces glucose levels in postmenopausal women (R).
L. plantarum decreased food intake, blood glucose level, glycosylated hemoglobin level and leptin levels in mice. This bacterium also favorably regulated insulin level and increased “good” (HDL) cholesterol (R).
L. plantarum caused a significant reduction of blood glucose levels in response to insulin in mice on a high-fat-diet (R).
Treatment with L. plantarum favorably regulates blood glucose, hormones, and lipid metabolism in the diabetic rats (R).
L. plantarum significantly improved immunological parameters and protected the pancreatic tissues in rats with diabetes. Furthermore, this probiotic treatment markedly reduced pancreatic and plasmatic lipase activities and serum triglyceride and LDL-cholesterol rates and increased the level of HDL-Cholesterol. It also exerted efficient protective effects on the liver and kidney functions (R).
Soy milk containing L. plantarum has antioxidative properties and decreases the risk of DNA damage among patients with T2D (R).
12) L. plantarum is Beneficial for the GI Tract
L. plantarum reduces inflammation in intestinal epithelial cells (R).
Intake of L. plantarum can counteract unwanted bacteria in the intestine(R).
L. plantarum enhanced gastrointestinal transit in mice with loperamide-induced constipation (R).
L. plantarum May Ameliorate Ulcers
Oral administration of L. plantarum ameliorates ulcerative colitis in mice via both anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activities (R).
L. plantarum Alleviates IBS
L. plantarum reduces gas problems and pain in people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (R).
L. plantarum Combats H. pylori
L. plantarum delays the colonization of H. pylori in rat stomachs, attenuates gastric inflammation, and ameliorates gastric histopathology (R).
13) L. plantarum Induces Wound Heeling
L. plantarum reduced infected chronic venous ulcer wound bacterial load, neutrophils, apoptotic and necrotic cells, and induced wound healing in both diabetics and non-diabetics (R).
14) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for Growth in Infants
L. plantarum strain maintains the growth of infant mice during chronic undernutrition (R).
15) L. plantarum is Beneficial for Dental Health
Heat-killed L. plantarum can decrease the depth of periodontal pockets in patients undergoing supportive periodontal therapy (R).
16) L. plantarum is Amazing for the Skin
L. plantarum inhibits degradation of collagen and promotes its synthesis, decreasing reactive oxygen species (ROS) production (R).
In clinical trials, L. plantarum significantly increased the skin water content in the face and hands. Volunteers in the probiotic group had a significant reduction in wrinkle depth at week 12, and skin gloss was also significantly improved by week 12. Skin elasticity in the probiotic group improved by 13.17% after 4 weeks and by 21.73% after 12 weeks (R).
17) L. plantarum Alleviates Atopic Dermatitis
Daily intake of citrus juice containing heat-killed L. plantarum alleviates symptoms of atopic dermatitis in humans (R).
L. plantarum isolated from Kimchi improves mouse atopic dermatitis (R).
18) L. plantarum May Improve Athletic Performance
L. plantarum significantly decreased body weight and increased relative muscle weight, grip strength and endurance swimming time in mice (R).
19) L. plantarum Boosts Immunity
L. plantarum improves immune activity and decreases stress markers (R).
L. plantarum enhances the immunity of the small intestine in immunosuppressed mice (R).
Even heat-killed L. plantarum activates innate and acquired immunity in humans (R).
L. plantarum Protects Against Viruses
In mice infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), oral administration of L. plantarum significantly delayed the development of skin lesions in the early phase of infection and reduced the amount of virus in the brain (R).
L. plantarum isolated from the fermented Korean cabbage conferred 100% protection against lethal infection with influenza A viruses, prevented significant weight loss, and lowered lung viral loads in mice (R).
20) L. plantarum Combats Allergies
L. plantarum reduces the allergenicity of soy flour (R).
Citrus juice fermented by L. plantarum can improve the symptoms of Japanese cedar pollinosis (R).
Oral administration of L. plantarum alleviated airway hyperresponsiveness and the allergic responses in mice (R).
21) L. plantarum Combats Candida
In patients with vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC), L. plantarum reduces vaginal discomfort after conventional treatment, improves vaginal bacteria content and the vaginal pH value (R).
In a clinical trial L. plantarum use was associated with a three-fold reduced risk of recurrence of vulvovaginal candidiasis (R).
22) L. plantarum Combats Cancer
L. plantarum enhances the anti-tumor immune response and delays tumor formation in mice with intestinal adenocarcinoma (R).
L. plantarum inhibits the development of rat colon carcinogenesis (R).
Nano-sized L. plantarum exhibits anti-colorectal cancer activities in mice (R).
L. plantarum significantly inhibited the proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells, gastric cancer cells and colorectal adenocarcinoma cells (R).
23) L. plantarum May be Beneficial for Female Fertility
L. plantarum ameliorated inflammation induced infertility in mice (R).
L. plantarum reinforced natural microflora and lead to a resurge of fertility in mice infected with E. coli (R).
24) L. plantarum Helps With Histamine Intolerance
L plantarum is able to degrade biogenic amines (R) and can potentially help with histamine intolerance.
- L. plantarum decreases the production of proinflammatory cytokines (IL-6, IL-8 and MCP-1) (R).
- L. plantarum increases the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines (IL-10) (R).
- L. plantarum decreases ALT and AST (R).
- L. plantarum decreases NF-κB (R).
No adverse effects of any kind were observed in rats, even after consuming large quantities (R). However, as with other probiotics, use in patients with organ failure, immunocompromised status, and dysfunctional gut barrier mechanisms can lead to infections.
Buy L. plantarum
These probiotic complexes contain L. plantarum:
- Probiotic (Garden of Life) (AMZN)
- Probiotics (Swanson 65 billion) (AMZN)
- Probiotics (Now-100 billion)
- Probiotic (VSL-3)